How's the weather treating all the divers in the southern hemisphere? Hmmm....rather chilly... and some big waves have been making their way around my side of the world. A good partner for cold weather (and possibly rain) is a nice cup of hot chocolate with a biscuit or two, so I thought I'd do something different today and give you a yummy recipe that I found for biscuits that you can make into sea creatures. Here goes:
125 g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 t vanilla
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 t salt
125 g choc chips (optional but definitely recommended)
60 nut pieces (mixed nuts chopped finely taste yummy but this is also optional)
Decorating bits and pieces like hundreds and thousands, chocolate vermicelli, seeds etc.
- Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla.
- Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in sifted flour and salt.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts - mix well.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into sea creatures of your choice. Decorate now if you aren't using icing.
- Place on lightly greased baking tray (Very important: allow room for the biscuits to spread!!)
- Bake in 180° C oven for 10 - 12 mins.
- Decorate after cooling on a wire rack if you are using icing.
- Enjoy! (Try not to eat them all at once) : )
Have a great week Sea Fans.