Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Crafts, cupcakes, markets and a dog having storytime!

Hi Sea Fans!

I realised that I haven't given you an update for a while when I was looking through my photos, so here goes...  I found some really cute photos, check this out:Who would have thought that even a dog would enjoy storytime! : )
Snowy the Maltese Poodle enjoying "Predators".

Kirstenbosch Market
This was the final Kirstenbosch Market for the 2010/2011 season.  As you can see, we had to go back to the old tent because the gazebo got ripped up and taken away by the wind at the previous market.  We now also have small crochet animals called amigurumi (not for sale) - have a look on the internet, there are some really cute patterns.  Mine were made by my mom...some without a pattern!!!  I've got a jellyfish, a shark, a turtle, a butterflyfish, a clownfish, a lobster, an octopus, a seal, a penguin, a starfish, a manta ray, a sunfish and more coming.  Heidi takes these with her to schools when she gives talks so that everyone can see what the animals look like without needing to take the real thing!  Keep an eye out for these little guys, they're amazing!
Tiger Shark.
 A new addittion to the craft kits - the Tiger Shark!  There is a whole range of shark craft kits available now, from mobiles and pencils to dreamcatchers, door hangers and puzzles.  We have Tiger Sharks, Lemon Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Great White Sharks, Zebra Sharks, Shortfin Mako Sharks and Hammerhead Sharks.  If you'd like to know more about the craft kits, send me a mail at abby@telkomsa.net.

Wall painting.
I saw this cute turtle on a friend's wall and so I asked her if she would be willing to paint one for me to advertise the books.  I now have a gorgeous cloth with a giant turtle on it to be used at events!

Petit fours.
I saw these cute little cupcake-type things at the bakery and just had to share them with you.  Apparently, the way you pronounce it/say it is: "Petty foi".  A posh way of saying that they are very sweet little cakes with an almond paste inside that most kids don't like the taste of! : )

Whale crafts.
Just in time for the whale season!  We now have Right Whale moneyboxes and puzzles and small whales for all the other crafts we already supply.  If you'd like to have a whale of a time, contact me at abby@telkomsa.net and I'll get the price list to you.  The crafts start at R20 and the most expensive at the moment is only R60 so it's a bargain for some fun!

So that's what's been happening and what's new this month.  Give me a shout if you want to know more and keep an eye out for Heidi, she may be at your school next term (Cape Town schools).

Have a great week Sea Fans!
Cheers
Abby
}( *)8

No comments:

Post a Comment