Sunday, August 21, 2011

Do you want to be a diver?

Hi Sea Fans!

Well, if you ever thought that you might want to take up diving as your career, stay put and read on.  Today we have Tersia with us, she works as a diver at an aquarium and she's going to tell you a little more about what she does in a day:

Tersia above the water.
What is your job?
I am a diver at the Two Oceans Aquarium and look after a few tanks and take care of all the sharks and fishes in it.

What did you study/do to get this kind of work?
I did not study for this job! I started as a volunteer because I have a passion to look after fish and dive in the ocean.

What do you do in a normal day?
I look after my displays, feed the fish and do a presentation dive while feeding the fish, sharks and turtles.

What is the most interesting thing you've come across/experienced in your job? 
The molting of my spider crabs - the way they climb out of the old carapace!

What is a not-so-nice thing about your job?
We have to prepare our own food for the fish on weekends when we work, then we stink like fish!

What do you love about your job?
I love diving and feeding the sharks in my big tank because not everybody gets to do such an awesome thing.

What would you say/recommend to kids who want to do what you do? 
You would have to be a hard worker, be dedicated and love looking after your animals.

Anything else?
You must love what you do and what makes you happy! It's nice getting up in the morning and looking forward to going to work.

Tersia below the water.
Thanks Tersia for inviting us into your world!  So, who wants to be a diver?  I know many people who want to be able to do what Tersia does!!

Have a great week, Sea Fans!
Cheers
Abby
}( *)8

No comments:

Post a Comment